Founded in 1801, the Netherlands’ Inspectorate of Education is one of the oldest state Inspectorates of Education.
- The Dutch educational system
- The inspection of schools and governing bodies of schools
- Types of reports of the Dutch Inspectorate of Education
- stimulates schools and educational institutions to maintain and improve the quality of education they offer;
- assesses the quality of education of the individual educational institutes and the education system as a whole in the Netherlands and its developments;
- communicates in an accessible way with all its target groups and stakeholders;
- reports in public.
The mission of the Inspectorate for childcare and toddler playgrounds is to stimulate municipalities to increase the quality of these facilities or to support the maintenance of high quality facilities by collecting information and by judging how municipalities perform their duties and – if necessary – make interventions.